The ESP32 development board is based on the ESP8266 chip whip equips the development board with wifi capabilities.
It is mostly used in IOT projects where the board can act in 3 wonderful modes.
- Station Mode(STA)
- Soft Access Point Mode(AP)
- Both Station and Access Point Modes at the same time
It can be programmed with the Arduino IDE which makes it very friendly to use also
The ESP series are the common and popular heart for most IoT(Internet of Things) projects and systems.
- NodeMCU Firmware!
- USB-TTL included, plug&play
- 10 GPIO, every GPIO can be PWM, I2C, 1-wire
- Inbuilt PCB antenna
- Low cost
- WI-FI enabled
- Arduino-like hardware IO
- Advanced API for hardware IO, which can dramatically reduce the redundant work for configuring and manipulating hardware.
- Code like arduino, but interactively in Lua script.
- Nodejs style network API
- Event-driven API for network applicaitons, which faciliates developers writing code running on a 5mm*5mm sized MCU in Nodejs style.
- Greatly speed up your IOT application developing process.
- Lowest cost WI-FI